USPSA Pistol Match
This event is open to the public! New shooters and observers are welcome! Juniors (17 and under) shoot for free!
Come join us to enjoy the fun of action shooting! We’ll be happy to assist you with figuring out the rules and which shooting division you are in. Contact us thru the contact page (select COSSA Practical Shooters) on the website if you have questions. No need to buy new gear! Bring what you have and we can get you started! It’s a great way to practice safe weapon handling, self-defense skills and shooting while moving. We normally shoot 5-6 stages depending on the length of each stage. Whatever the ammo count is we recommend bringing double the amount listed.
- First timer at CPS? – Create an account on the website and take the online CPS safety quiz if you plan on shooting at the event.
- ALL Event Shooters – Registration is now required for CPS events at the provided registration link. This includes observers! (see link this page).
- ALL Event Shooters – Attend the safety brief that starts 10 minutes prior to match start time. No exceptions.
- Match Fee: See match fee field. Payable online (see registration link) or at the match (cash/check). We prefer online payment.
- Ammo Rules
- PCC – Ammo must be under 1600fps
- Gate Code - Gate event code is emailed to the registered shooters within 12 hrs of the event start time. There will be a phone number posted at the gate to call if you don't know the event code.
- Setup - Come on out and give us a hand! We really appreciate it! Plus you get $5 off the match fee. Please show up no later than 10 minutes after the setup time to receive your $5 off.
- Stages – Posted on the COSSA event calendar about a week before the match. Stages can change without warning.
- Round Count – Posted on the COSSA event calendar about a week before the match.
- Directions – Posted on the COSSA website here.
Pistol - 9mm calibers are the most common. .38 to 45ACP are the calibers for all USPSA events. 22LR to 45Auto is the range for Mixed Steel events. A belt mounted holster for your pistol would be very helpful but not required. We can work around it.
Pistol Caliber Carbine (PCC) – Any pistol caliber as long as ammo speed is less than 1600 fps.