Great Basin Precision Rifle (GBPR)
Precision Rifle monthly matches are the 1st Saturday and Sunday of the month.
These shoots are set up for the beginner and experienced shooter to know their rifle, scope, judge distance, Windage, working together as a team, keeping up your skills, to have a fun and challenging shoot.
- Match fees
- Saturday only - $20 for Precision Rifle match
- Sunday only - $15 for Gas Gun match
- Both - $30 if you shoot both matches
- Targets: steel, reactive targets, military infantry, iron maiden, IPSIC targets and more.
- Ammunition: NO steel core, green tip or military surplus.
Saturday - Precision Rifles
- 7:30am start time. Shooting 1000 – 1760 yards. Round count is normally ~15 - 20 rounds, Rifle caliber up to 338 Lapua.
- About 10:00am start time. Shooting 200 – 900 yards. Rount count is normally ~70 – 80 rounds, Rifle caliber up to 300 W.M.
Sunday - Gas Guns
- 9:00am start time. Shooting 200-750+ yards. Round count is normally 70-80 rounds.
Most popular cartridges:
- Mid Range 308, 260, 6.5 Creedmoor
- Long Range 300 W.M.
- 260 Remington is becoming more popular and one 6 mm Creedmoor that hits the 1760 yard target regularly.
- Scope; M.O.A. or MILL, with adjustable turrets.
- Bubble level on the scope or rifle.
- Shooting mat
- Chamber safety flag
- Hearing and eye protection.
- A logbook or data book. You can fill out the range, wind, temperature, elevation setting, windage adjustments.